Responsive Hammer 2 (RH2) action
The new Responsive Hammer 2 action recreates the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and accurate 3-sensor technology providing a smooth, natural, and highly responsive piano playing experience.
The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while let-off simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano.
The ES7 also features Kawai’s Ivory Touch key surfaces that gently absorb inger moisture to assist the player’s performance, while, let-of simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano, satisfying the expectations of the most discerning pianists.
Progressive Harmonic Imaging (PHI) with 88-key piano sampling
The ES7 digital piano captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s hand-built concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using proprietary Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ technology.
This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand piano, afording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo.
The instrument’s built-in Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of the acoustic piano sound to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust string and damper resonance, in addition to subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises.
This personalised piano sound is further enhanced with atmospheric reverberation efects, delivering a rich, vibrant piano tone with breathtaking realism and authenticity.
Strong selection of additional instrument sounds
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the ES7 also features a strong selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar and church organs, to string, choir, and mallet instruments, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances.
Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two diferent sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections. The volume balances for each playing mode can also be adjusted quickly and easily using the real-time panel controls.
Professional accompaniment styles
Featuring a variety of styles ranging from pop and rock ballads, to jazz-funk, dance, and latin lavours, the Rhythm Section function of the ES7 digital piano provides solo performers with professionally arranged backing accompaniment at the touch of a button. In addition, the 100 preset chord progressions and One Finger Ad-lib™ solo phrases allow musicians to breathe life into their repertoire, while maintaining control over each performance.
USB to Device functionality, with MP3/WAV ile recording and playback
The ES7 digital piano is equipped with USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This USB to Device feature allows registration memories and songs recorded and stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity, or standard MIDI iles (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be conveniently played back without additional hardware.
USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio iles, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV iles for emailing to friends and family, listening to on a smartphone, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
Wide range of connectivity options The ES7 digital piano features a variety of standard connectivity options, with Line-level output jacks that allow the instrument to be enjoyed in larger settings such as churches and schools. Standard MIDI and USB to Host connectors ensure lexibility when using computers and other electronic instruments, while the Line-in stereo jack provides a convenient method of mixing in audio from a laptop, tablet, or other digital device.
- Keyboard : 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key Surfaces
- Action : Responsive Hammer II (RHII) action with Let-Off
- Sound Source : Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ (PHI) with 88-key sampling
- Polyphony : 256 Notes
- Internal Sounds : 32 Voices
- Reverb : Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral ; Parameters — Reverb Depth, Reverb Time
- Effects : Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary. Combination eff ects x 4 ; Parameters — Dry/Wet, Time, Speed, Feedback, High Damp, Depth (Parameters dependent on effect type)
- Amp Simulator : S.Case I, S.Case II, L.Cabinet ; Parameters — Drive, Level, EQ Low, EQ High
- Virtual Technician : Touch Curve — Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, Off , User 1, User 2, Voicing — Normal, Mellow 1, Mellow 2, Dynamic, Bright 1, Bright 2 - Resonance, Noise & Effects — String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, Fall-back Noise, Key-off Effect, Hammer Delay, Temperament — Equal, Pure Major, Pure Minor, Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister, Kirnberger, Equal-Flat, Equal-Stretch, User, Stretch Tuning, Key of Temperament
- Internal Recorder : 10 Song / 2-Track Recorder, 90,000 note memory capacity
- USB Functions : Playback — MP3, WAV, SMF
- Record — MP3, WAV
- Other — Convert Song to Audio, Load Internal Song, Save Internal Song, Save SMF Song, Load Registration, Save Registration, Rename File, Delete File, Format USB
- Metronome : 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8 (Volume/Tempo adjustable)
- Rhythm Section : Styles — 100 rhythms x 2 variations, 4-part accompaniment, 100 preset chord sequences ; Settings — Rhythm Volume, Auto Fill-in, One Finger Ad-lib, ACC Mode, Preset Chord, Rhythm Parts Select)
- Demo Songs: Main demo song, Rhythm Section demo song, 25 sound demo songs
- Other Functions : Key/Song Transpose, Equaliser (incl. User EQ), Wall EQ, Speaker Volume, Phones Volume, Line Out Volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Tuning, Damper Hold, Four Hands, User Memory, Factory Reset, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off , Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#,
- Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off , Speakers On/Off
- Display : 16 x 2 Characters LCD
- Jacks : MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device, LINE IN STEREO, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), DAMPER (for F-10H), DAMPER/SOFT (for F-20), PEDAL (for F-301), Headphones x 2
- Speaker System : 8 x 12 cm x 2, 15 Watts x 2
- Dimensions : 54" (W) x 14 ½ " (D) x 6" (H)
- Weight : 49 lbs.
- Accessories : Music Rack, F-10H Damper Pedal
- Optional Acc. : F-20 Damper/Soft Pedal, Soft Case with Castors (ESBAG), HM-4 Designer Stand with F301 Triple Pedal (sold separately)